Posted: May 20, 2020
Gundersen eases hospital visitor guidelines
As Gundersen Health System continues its safe, careful approach to resuming in-person procedures and appointments, new Hospital visitor guidelines reflect these changes. (Guidelines may differ for select Gundersen Critical Access Hospital locations.)
Gundersen Hospital Visitor Guidelines
- Adult patients will be allowed one (1) visitor over the age of 18 per 24-hour period.
- Nursery, Pediatric and Pediatric/Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (PNICU) patients may have one (1) support person, not to exceed two different people in 24 hours.
- Exceptions are available for end-of-life care, interpreter/communication needs and Labor and Delivery.
All Gundersen Locations
Gundersen continues to have multiple touchpoints to ensure the health and safety of patients, visitors, and staff. These policies continue to be in line with other state and national guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit our COVID-19 page for more information.
- Patients, support people and visitors must bring and wear a cloth face covering. These are needed for everyone, including Gundersen staff.
- Everyone entering a Gundersen facility will be asked if they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 and have their temperature taken. (Symptoms include temperature of 100.0 F, new cough, shortness of breath or unexplained body aches.)
- All patients and visitors should allow at least six feet between themselves and other patients and visitors, even when wearing a face covering.
- No visitors are allowed who have had a diagnosis of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, and visitors are not allowed to visit patients being treated for COVID-19.
- Primary support people, visitors and healthcare decision makers who are currently experiencing or experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, are not permitted.
Entrances to Gundersen locations will continue to be limited to ensure appropriate patient and visitor screening.
Visitor guidelines regarding Gundersen Clinics, Emergency Services, Surgery and Outpatient Surgery Center are also being reviewed. Any changes will be shared once they are finalized.
Gundersen continuously evaluates visitor guidelines and may update them as the COVID-19 response continues to evolve locally, regionally, and nationally.